Online Virginia Slims cigarettes for sale per carton. Ordering Virginia Slims cigarettes online takes just several minutes with easy-to-use online shopping system powered by CigarettesBOX.com. Buy Virginia Slims cigarettes online from wholesale cigarettes supplier. Just order Virginia Slims Cigarettes in desired amount and convince yourself of high quality of Virginia Slims cigarette brand and its original tobacco taste.
CigarettesBox.Com offer to buy Virginia Slims cigarettes fast shipping. Smoking Virginia Slims 120 by cheap coupons. Virginia Super Slim from discount luxury tobacco store.
Virginia Slims is a brand of cigarette manufactured by Philip Morris USA and Philip Morris International. The brand was introduced in 1968 and marketed to young professional women using the slogan "You've come a long way, baby". Some media watch groups considered this campaign to be responsible for a rapid increase in smoking among teenage girls. Later campaigns have used the slogans, "It's a woman thing", in the 1990s, and "Find your voice". A report by the Surgeon General of the United States has interpreted these marketing strategies as attempting to link smoking "to women's freedom, emancipation, and empowerment." This report also tied the increase of smoking among teenage girls to rises in sales of Virginia Slims and other "niche" brands marketed directly to women.
Cheap Virginia Slims Cigarettes are much narrower (23mm circumference) than ordinary cigarettes (hence, "Slims"), and are also longer than normal "king-sized" cigarettes (which are 85mm), sold only in longer 100mm and 120mm lengths, to give the cigarettes a more "elegant" appearance and ostensibly to reduce the amount of smoke they produce. They are also sold in "Superslims", "light," "ultra-light," and menthol varieties. The packaging, designed by Walter Landor, is white with colored stripes running lengthwise along the left side.
Virginia Slims were introduced on July 22, 1968, by Philip Morris, and marketed as a female-oriented spinoff to their Benson and Hedges brand. The blends, flavorings, color scheme, and overall marketing concepts closely followed the Benson and Hedges model. Early packs (1968-1978) read "Benson and Hedges Park Avenue New York", near the bottom.
The first test market was San Francisco, California. Originally scheduled for six months, it was cut short after seven weeks due to the success of the introduction - a nearly 3% market penetration. Distribution and marketing was implemented nationwide, and by September 30, 1968, the entire U.S. was covered.
* In 1976, a 120-mm full-flavor packing was test-marketed in Fresno, California. Designed to compete with RJ Reynolds 'More' brand, the test ultimately failed and this entry was withdrawn.
* In 1978, Virginia Slims Lights were introduced, with good success. Although early marketing concepts included soft pack, Philip Morris decided to use a box-pack design only.
Throughout the 70s and early 80s, growth and market penetration was significant, drawing the attention of competitors who introduced their own slim, female-oriented brands (such as American Tobacco Company's Misty, Brown and Williamson's Capri, Liggett's Eve, and R.J Reynolds' Dawn).
* In 1984, Virginia Slims Ovals were test marketed, but were unsuccessful and withdrawn. Ovals were light, and had an oval-shaped cross section.
* In 1985, Virginia Slims Luxury Light 120s were introduced - a 120 mm length packing again intended to better compete with RJ Reynolds 'More' brand, as well as other 120s on the market. The introduction was successful. This packing has since become a mainstay of the smoking glamour community. It is arguable as to whether VS120s are truly 'light', since their rating numbers compare more closely to full-flavor.
* In 1987, Ultra-Light 100s were introduced, in keeping with changing consumer tastes, other competitive entries, and the Benson and Hedges model. Marginally successful, this packing remains on the market today.
* In 1990, Ultra-Light SuperSlim 100s were introduced, in response to ultra-thin (21mm circumference) competition and consumer demand for a 'low-smoke' product entry. These were also marginally successful, and remain on the market.
* In 1993, a 10-Pack version of Light 100s were introduced, with 10 cigarettes per pack, costing approximately half the price of a 20-pack. This entry had limited success and came under attack from critics. It was ultimately withdrawn.
* In 1994, Virginia Slims Kings (85mm length) were designed as a discount entry and possibly to compete with other king-size entries such as RJ Reynolds' Camel brand. It is not clear whether Kings were ever test marketed, but they were never introduced on a nationwide basis.
* In 2003, a box-pack was introduced for full-flavor 100s, in response to consumer demand. This packing is steadily displacing the classic soft-pack.
* In 2004, Ultra-Light 120s were introduced with marginal success. It is likely that this packing will continue to be supported.
* In 2008, Virginia Slims Superslims introduced a smaller size "Purse Pack."
All packings were simultaneously introduced in both Menthol and Non-menthol (e.g., Regular or Filter) varieties. Unlike most other brands, Menthol represents 40%-55% of the total sales of a particular packing (vs. 25%-35%).
In all, there have been 11 packings introduced or test marketed in the US, of which 7 are still on the market. There are other varieties marketed in the Asian-Pacific region, Russia, and South Africa. Virginia Slims Cigarette has never had a significant European or South American presence.
From inception, Virginia Slims Cigarette have been designed and marketed as a female-oriented brand, generally targeted towards a younger demographic (18-35 year olds). While various themes have emerged in the marketing campaigns over the years, the basic threads have been independence, liberation, slimness, attractiveness, glamour, style, taste, and a contrast to men's cigarettes.
In the 1960s and 1970s, the themes of feminism and women's liberation, with the slogan "You've Come A Long Way, Baby" were often used in the ads, and often featured anecdotes about women in the early 20th century who were punished for being caught smoking, usually by their husbands or other men, as compared to the time of the ads when more women had equal rights, usually comparing smoking to things like the right to vote. Television and print ads often featured well-known models and designer fashions. Print ads were generally placed in women's magazines, and formed the mainstay of the marketing campaign, supplemented with billboards and point-of-purchase displays. From 1969 until 1971 (when cigarette advertising on television became prohibited), television advertising was an important component.
Virginia Slims Cigarette also sponsored the Women's Tennis Association Tour. This sponsorship is sometimes credited for the growth and success of women's tennis during the 70's and early 80's.
Several other, less important, marketing vehicles were employed, such as the Virginia Slims Book of Days (a day timer/calendar book), fashion shows, and an extensive line of products, apparel, and accessories.
The Leo Burnett advertising agency handled the Virginia Slims account throughout most of the product lifetime.
From its inception until 1978, Virginia Slims saw a steady increase in market share to 1.75% (3.9% of all female smokers). With the introduction of Lights in 1978, the market share increased to 2.5%. Other packings, including 120s, Ultra Lights, and Superslims helped push the market share to a peak of 3.1% (nearly 7% of female smokers) in 1989. With increased competition from other brands, notably Capri and Misty, the brand lost ground but stabilized at around 2.4% though 2003. Since then, it has lost about .1% per year, and was 2.0% in 2007. This slow but steady decline is expected to continue, since the brand is no longer heavily promoted. Despite this, brand loyalty is well above average, and is still one of the highest in the industry.
What is your favorite way to buy cigarettes
Dear Customers, if you prefer to smoke VOGUE Slims cigarettes, then we have positive news for you. From now you can order Vogue Super Slims Menthe, Vogue Super Slims Platine, Vogue Super Slims Arome L'adoration, Vogue Super Slims Bleue and Vogue Super Slims Lilas for lowered and special price of $17.50. You can choose your favorite brand here and we will ship it as soon as possible and you will receive it after 1-2 weeks. Thank you for being with us, we appreciate it and we work hard to satisfy every customer. Offers Price, $...
The Fourth District Court of Appeal has upheld an injunction barring the sale of discount cigarette online by stores operating on lands held in trust in eastern Riverside County for the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, to non-Indians.Div. Two, in a July 13 decision ordered published yesterday, concluded the government was likely to prevail on its claims that Black Hawk cigarettes store Inc., and its proprietor Frederick Allen McAllister, were engaged in unlawful business practices in the operations of its four stores in Palm Springs and Cathedral City.In the government’s complaint,...
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health announced Wednesday that multi-unit housing can expose hazardous secondhand smoke cigarettes to non-smokers living adjacent to those who do smoke.Since 2006, secondhand smoke cigarettes has been classified by the California Air Resources Board as a "toxic air contaminant" that can lead to death, serious illnesse, and a overall health hazards. Research shows that residents could be exposed to dangerous levels of smoke cigarettes through cracks in fixtures, electrical outlets, pipes, vents and baseboards, as well as shared venitlation...
A new statewide push aims to protect non-smokers from the dangers of secondhand smoke, meaning smokers could be told not to light up in their own apartments.The voluntary initiative, led by the Florida Department of Health's cigarettes online Free Florida Program, will help those interested in making multi-unit housing smoke-free get started. According to its website, secondhand smoke cigarettes can travel from one apartment to another. In fact, the DOH says "secondhand smoke cigarettes can seep through lighting fixtures, cracks in walls, around plumbing, under doors, through shared...
From a health standpoint, there’s a lot to be said for banning smoking cigarettes from the Montana State University campus. But the blanket ban on cigarettes store use adopted by campus leaders earlier this month seems a bit much.Protecting nonsmokers from secondhand smoke cigarettes is certainly a good thing, and measures to ensure that happens are justifiable. But a ban on all use of discount cigarettes on the 1,400-acre-plus MSU campus – including smokeless discount cigarette online and online cigarettes use in individuals’ private vehicles – doesn’t seem necessary to...